Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How to go into Labor...

Due to my family's tendency to have babies around 37 weeks and always before their due dates I planned to already be holding my son. Well, I go to the doctor for my 38 week appointment tomorrow, and I am soooooo ready to be unpregnant!!!! Since 36 weeks I have been trying to get him and there is no such luck, after my 37 week appointment, where my doctor refused to strip my membranes until 38 weeks, I was determined to prove to her that despite her medical training she was wrong and Charlie is ready to come out. I have walked quite a few miles and on Friday I cleaned and scrubbed the house like crazy, took my dog on a really long walk, got peppermint tea(YUCK), and drank castor oil (more yuck) and some other stuff, ahem, anywho didn't work!! Not a peep, just the regular contractions that aren't strong enough to do anything. Here's to hoping tomorrows appointment leads to a baby!

3 comments:

Hot Cookin' Mama said...

HAHA i took caster oil too!!! Oh my gosh...that stuff..i drank it with apple juice and to this day I can no longer drink apple juice!!

Anonymous said...

My best friend just had her baby girl this morning! Here's hoping your Charlie comes out soon for ya!

Jewls said...

Sorry my idea didn't work although I think you are stronger than I am I thought of taking castor oil but was never brave enough to do it I am sorry it didn't work! I hope you have Charlie soon1